Full payment is generally required at the time of booking to secure your reservation.
The Gecko Shed has a no cancellation policy and for this reason we strongly recommend that guests take out Travel Insurance to protect them against unforseen travel changes.
Date changes can be made at managements discretion and subject to availability. If you require to make a change to your itinery, please call us to discuss. Administration fees may apply.
Please note that number of guests must not exceed what is specified on your booking confirmation. This is a breach of our terms and conditions.
Checkin and checkout
Checkin time is 2pm on the day of your arrival and checkout is at 10am on the day of your departure. If you require an earlier checkin or later checkout, please contact us and we will endevour to do our best subject to availability and our cleaning schedule for the day.
For guests paying by credit card a preauthorisation will be made on their booking credit card for a security deposit. This will be released upon checkout. For guests not paying by card, we will require to take an imprint of your card upon checkin.
In the event of unforseen circumstances, management has the right to cancel a reservation and provide the guest with a full refund.
Although all care is taken, management does not take responsibility for any damage to your personal belongings including your vehilce and personal items. Please ensure all your possesions are secured in your accommodation and that your vehicles are locked.
At all times guests must abide by our terms and conditions and by purchansing accommodation through our website the guest acknowledges that they have read our terms and conditions and have agreed to them. For your convenience they are contained below.
Terms and conditions
- The address of the property is 163 Broken Head Road, Byron Bay, New South Wales, 2481.
- If you need to contact The Gecko Shed for any reason, please call us on +61 428 59 66 59
- It is our policy that the rental charge is to be paid at the time of booking in full.
- Cancellations and changes are generally not permitted.
- In the event you require a change to your reservation please contact The Gecko Shed to discuss. However, it is at the management’s discretion to make any changes to your reservation.
License not a tenancy
- Guests are granted a limited permission to occupy the Property for holiday purposes.
- This is not a residential tenancy agreement under the residential tenancy legislation.
- Failure to comply with the Guest's obligations in the Terms and Conditions may result in termination of permission to occupy the Property and eviction.
- The Maximum number of guests for your stay will be stated on your booking confirmation. If the maximum number of guests is exceeded, it may result in termination of permission to occupy the property and eviction and or incurring an additional charge.
- Guests must comply with all House Rules.
- Guests must respect the residential amenity and security of the Property and neighbours.
- Guest are to refrain from anti-social behaviour.
- Guests are not allowed visitors under any circumstances at the Gecko Shed. Only the occupants of the Gecko Shed are permitted on the property. The Gecko Shed has a strict no party rule.
- Guests must comply with any instructions from the Manager and security services during their stay.
- Guests are to notify the Manager of any disputes or complaints as soon as is practicable.
Noise and Residential Amenity
- Guests must not create noise, which is offensive to neighbours especially between 10pm and 8am and during arrival and departure at any time throughout the occupancy.
- Offensive noise is prohibited and may result in:
- Termination of permission to occupy the Property;
- Loss of rental paid; and
- Extra charges for security and other expenses which may be deducted from Security Deposits or Bonds.
- Guests must abide by any noise abatement conditions, standards and orders issued by the Police or any regulatory authority to minimise impacts upon the residential amenity of neighbours and local community.
Functions and parties
- The Property is not a “party house” and any such activities are strictly prohibited; and
- No gathering, celebration or entertainment is permitted at the Property under any circumstances without the consent of managment.
Access and Parking
Guests and Visitors must comply with parking regulations and show consideration to neighbours.
Recycling and Garbage
- Guests must dispose of garbage and recycling in accordance with the usual practice at the Property and in the allocated bins;
- Guests must not leave excess rubbish in public or common areas.
- Guests are to leave the premises in a clean and tidy condition, which includes cleaning all items used in the preparation or consumption of meals and drinks.
Consequences of not meeting the Terms and Conditions
- The consequences of not complying with the Terms and Conditions requirements can include enforcement action from the owner, Manager, security services, local councils or, in some instances, the Police.
- Enforcement action is subject to Australian Consumer Law and other relevant legislation.
- Such enforcement action could result in termination of permission to occupy the Property, eviction, loss of rental paid, deductions from security deposits and extra charges.
- It is therefore important for all Guests to be aware of their obligations and of their responsibilities to make any Visitors to the Property aware of these requirements to maintain the amenity of the Property and its neighbourhood.